Children Learning Reading is every parent and teachers’ guide to successfully teaching children how to read by using a proven method that forgoes the traditional sight words method. Despite the school curriculum changing several times, the reading process has typically stayed the same, and that is using sight words. Unfortunately, studies show that approximately 67% of American grade 4 students are not reading at a proficient level; 45% of Canadians are semi-illiterate; 42% of UK children leave school before obtaining a basic level of functional English and 33% of Australian grade 5 students do not meet the benchmark literacy skills. This has raised many questions about the way children are taught how to read, since it clearly isn’t working. With this program, you learn a new method. Instead of focusing on sight words, Children Learning Reading focuses on teaching children the 44 sounds of the English language, offering an easy way to read. After all, it’s much easier to learn and it teaches children how to actually read instead of memorizing words and word-shapes. So, whether you want to improve your child’s reading or are a teacher who wants to increase students’ literacy, here’s what you can expect from this powerful program used by over 78,600 people across the globe.
What is Children Learning Reading?
Reading is a common struggle many children have, and many experts are saying it’s because of the way reading is taught to children, and not so much about the child’s learning capability. With Children Learning Reading, you learn a teaching strategy that forgoes the sight words that are commonly used to teach children how to read. Instead, the entire process focuses on teaching children the 44 sounds of the English language. This helps them learn all of the sounds of every word in the English language, as opposed to memorizing word shapes and configurations. And since there are over 170,000 words children will have to memorize, this is a significantly easier way for them to learn how to read. Not only that but memorizing the shapes of words does not provide accurate reading or learning. For example, cat, dot, and rut all have the same shape, but they all sound entirely different. This is precisely why many children confuse words that are similar in shape. For example, children learn the sight word “they”, but often confuse it with similar word shapes, such as stay, play, or clay. This causes confusion, low self-esteem, slowed reading and difficulties reading.
With Children Learning Reading, children only have to learn the 44 sounds. They are not memorizing words or word shapes and instead, are learning the sounds, which allows them to read easily and effectively.
However, it isn’t so much a program for children as it is for the parents, teachers, and adults who will be teaching them the process. It is designed to teach the adult the process, so you can then teach the children. It comes with lesson printouts, audio files, printable games and much more, to ensure a fun and enjoyable process for everyone.
Now, I’ll dive into the details in just a moment but for starters, the entire regime is put together in a five-step process. This consists of:
- Step 1 Manual: Phonics Foundations
- Step 2 Manual: Advanced Phonics Manual
- Step 3: Fun To Read Lesson Stories
- Step 4: Phonics Sounds – Letter Sound MP3 Audios
- Step 5: Common Sight Words and Children’s Rhymes Book
The really great thing is that you receive access to this five-step process and all of the contents that make up the program immediately after purchase. You don’t have to wait or pay for shipping, nor do you have to worry about lugging around large books with you from class-to-class or to different rooms in the house. Instead, you just download the content right onto your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone and everything you need is right there.
You can even try this revolutionary program out risk-free for two months with the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee. How’s that for confidence?
Who is the Author of Children Learning Reading?
Father of 3 and professional reading teacher, Jim Yang, is the author of Children Learning Reading. His unique method for teaching children how to read is used by over you learn in this program is being used by over 78,600 parents and teachers across the globe.
Summary of Children Learning Reading
Children Learning Reading is a comprehensive guide for teachers and parents who want a new way to effectively teach children how to read. The program is broken down into a five-step process, and comes complete with step-by-step instructions for teaching children the 44 sounds of the English, fun games to print off, downloadable books to read, easy-to-teach lesson plans, printouts and more.
To give you an idea of what you can expect from the program as a whole, here’s a look inside:
Stage 1: Phonics Foundations
28 Reading Step-By-Step Reading Lessons
- Phonemic Awareness
- What is Phonemic Awareness?
- The Research Behind Phonemic Awareness
- The Importance of Blending
- Phonemic Awareness Development in Different Age Groups
- A Quick Note About Struggling Readers
- Developing Early Phonemic Awareness
- Smooth Blending and Choppy Blending
- The Importance of Repeated Practice and Exposure
- Systematic Synthetic Phonics
- What is Synthetic Phonics?
- Why Synthetic Phonics?
- About Synthetic Phonics and this Program
- About Sight Words
- Letter Names and Letter Sounds
- Synthetic Phonics and The Complexities of English
- What Reading Does for the Mind
- The Matthew Effect in Reading
- Reading and Vocabulary Growth
- The Importance of Home Support for Literacy Development in Children
- Reading Comprehension
- Decoding and Word Recognition
- The Necessity of Continued Sounding Out and Blending Practices
- Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension
- The First Steps
- How Much Time Should We Spend on Lessons?
- What if My Child Already Knows All the Letters and Sounds?
- The Importance of Learning and Teaching the Proper Sounds
- About Struggling Readers
- Voiced and Unvoiced Sound Pairs
- Doing Stretchy Bends and Troubleshooting Various Blending Problems
- Teaching Capital and Lowercase Letters
- Getting Your Child to Cooperate
- My Best Advice: Setup a Regular Daily Routine and Schedule
- Talk To Your Child, At the SAME Level
- Simple Tips and Ideas for Motivation
- How to Teach Reading and Present Lessons
- Reading Left to Right
- Teaching Letters and Letter Sounds
- Always Point to Where You Are Reading
- Point and Swipe
- Font Used – Verdana
Stage 2: Advanced Phonics Manual
Topics + 22 Step-By-Step Reading Lessons
- Teaching Digraphs and Diphthongs
- Oh, The Complexities
- Guided Reading and Books
- The Schwa
- Synthetic Phonics and The Complexities of English
- Point and Swipe
And you also receive:
- Lesson Printouts for Stage 1
- Lesson Printouts for Stage 2
- Reading Bingo Game Printouts
- Fun to Read Lesson Stories
- Phonetic Sounds – Letter Sound MP3 Audios
- Common Sight Words and Children’s Rhymes Book
Children Learning Reading is the ultimate program for learning how to teach children how to actually read, instead of just memorizing the words. The process is easy and the program makes it fun with all the games, activities and lesson plans that save you a ton of time planning. You even get to try it out risk-free for two months with the 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.